Tuesday, May 03, 2005

substance of things hoped for

the question comes up every so often- "why do i believe in God?". my detractors argue that my faith based belief is silly and child-like. my God says that my salvation is foolishness to those who are perishing and i must have faith like a child to enter His rest. my detractors tell me that Jesus was just a man in history. i say He is the Son of God who takes away the sin of the world. but why do i believe? the question still lingers like breath in tundra air. is it because of the Bible? maybe. is it because of what my parents told me? maybe. is it because of what my pastor tells me? maybe. all i know is that when i'm alone and my heart is broken from the millions of events of the day and i lift my eyes to the heaven i cannot see and whisper my tears to Him, i hear Him whisper back to my soul. and in that moment my detractors have no argument for i am communing with my Father in heaven and i find myself beyond belief. beyond my mind and my thoughts. beyond who i am and into His beauty.

No comments: