Monday, May 02, 2005

file.duh

i hate computers. i say this as i write on a computer. oh, the irony. i hate dealing with files to be exact. i do alot of computer music production and it drives me mad when i have to deal with the various files associated with music. -i.e.- to upload music to my electronic press kit i make a song in acid pro 4. the song is saved as a .acd file. i found another sample i want to add to the song- but! that sample is not the .wav file i need but a .zip file. grabbing an iced tea, i settle down to try to convert from the zip file to a wav file using winzip. once converted, i finish the song. to audition the song, i burn a .wav copy playable on my cd player. now i want to upload the song to acidplanet.com... the program converts my song to some unknown file format while i wait and twiddle my thumbs wondering if a bag of popcorn might be in order. ok, the song is now on the site. my press kit awaits! oh, it'll only take mp3 files... back in to the program and i run a conversion to mp3 format and eat that bag of popcorn. what if there was only one file format involved in this process? i would have an extra 1/2 hour on my hands. i have cried my river, built my bridge and now i will cross it. i'll be okay. my pitty little complaints...

No comments: