Tuesday, May 03, 2005

lost unknowns

today, i was on lunch break at work and decided to wander off and take a walk. normally, you will never find me doing this but today was different; as i felt the urge to explore and free my mind from the drab gray of work. the way i usually walk has a little pond by the road and it's a nice little view. today, i walked the opposite direction and discovered a huge pond teeming with life and birds. it made me realize just how narrow minded i could be. for 5 months i had enjoyed the cute little pond right next to the road and thought the world of it. i never thought there might have been a place better- until today- when i broke out of my routine and ventured beyond my comfort. what i found was something 3 times as big and 100 times more beautiful. i may never know what i lose until i find it.

No comments: