Wednesday, May 04, 2005

close kin

talking to my brother today... giving brotherly advice about girls and stuff. even though we live 1000 miles apart, our relationship grows stronger. being males and sharing a room were 2 important factors in our younger years. i owned the room and had the top bunk so naturally he fought back in sublime ways. interrupting phone conversations, kicking the bed, trying to be cool like my friends and myself. the competition ,while below radar, was still evident in the way we interacted. i was always trying to force my opinion down his throat 'cus i didnt want him to make the same mistakes i made, etc. then when i moved away, i began to see things in a different light. i realized that his closeness and his brothership were a very important part of my life, despite all the fights and crazy stuff, he was the brother God knew i needed. i will never take him for granted. each time we talk on the phone, i remind myself that he is my brother and even if we are now miles apart, there will always be a top bunk waiting for me.

No comments: