Wednesday, June 15, 2005

subtle undertones

its strange how my past haunts me the way it does. my past is like eating reese's pb cups filled with fish hooks . ahhh... the warm smooth chocolaty memories on the outside and the crap that gets you in the middle. memories have a way of luring you into their pretty little trap by reminding you of wonderful time gone by, then they snag you when you find yourself wishing to be back there in those times. you then suddenly find yourself stuck in the past and losing sight of the present and the future. the sad thing is that, i, myself would so much love to return to the days of childhood, simplicity, living with with my parents etc. when i can never return to any of that. they (who is "they" anyway?) say that you only have one life to live and it is true. God has designed living to be forward moving and constantly developing even as i try to thwart living by returning to past memories and situations. i'm not saying much here in this post, but the one thing i want to get across to you is forget the past and look forward. it's easy enough to look back and see all that's behind--- scary to look forward and see absolutely nothing of what is ahead of you. i know this first hand and my solution is to let go of what worries me and put my faith in the knowledge that God can see what lies ahead for me.

No comments: